Why is Two-Wheeler Insurance from ICICI Lombard Required?
There is no denying the fact that two-wheelers make the travel on Indian roads much faster and convenient. However, they also expose the rider to certain risks and dangers.
Two-wheeler insurance from a renowned service provider such as ICICI Lombard helps you cover the costs of injuries or other potential damages in case of accidents, fire, theft, etc., thus taking care of the legal liability that might arise because of riding a two-wheeler.
Why choose two-wheeler insurance from ICICI Lombard
Two-wheeler insurance from ICICI Lombard offers several advantages to the customers. Some of the main ones are listed below:
- a) Comprehensive protection and coverage along with the convenience of hassle-free policy renewal online.
- b) Benefits such as personal accident coverage, including reimbursement for several expenses made at the hospital in case of road accidents.
- c) Add-on covers for co-passengers apart from the fundamental personal accident cover.
- d) Discount of 2.5% on Own Damage Premium in case the vehicle has an anti-theft device installed approved from ARAI.
Features of Two-Wheeler Insurance from ICICI Lombard
ICICI Lombard is one of leading names in the general insurance segment. The company designs comprehensive insurance policies and offers excellent benefits to the customers at reasonable rates.
Some of the features of ICICI Lombard two wheeler insurance policy include:
a) Availability of flexible policy tenures
You can choose the policy term of 1, 2, or 3 years based on the individual requirement. Choosing an extended policy term also avoids the unnecessary hassle of policy renewal every year, thus saving cost.
b) A network of partner garages
The company with a huge network of over 2,000 partner garages all across India allows customers to easily avail their two-wheeler insurance facilities in the times of need.
c) The benefit of hassle-free online renewal
Taking online two-wheeler insurance from ICICI Lombard is an extremely simple and convenient process. With a few simple steps, the policy gets renewed and you get the copy of the insurance immediately.
d) No Claim Bonus advantage
Buying two-wheeler insurance from ICICI Lombard allows customers to enjoy the benefit of the No Claim Bonus accrual. The feature not only helps in saving the premium cost in subsequent policy years but also gives the advantage of NCB even after one or more claims have been made, depending on the policy tenure.
Furthermore, customers can also transfer their accrued No Claim Bonus in case of switching the service provider from another company to ICICI Lombard.
How to Retain NCB When You Sell Your Vehicle
Two-wheeler insurance from ICICI Lombard offers the excellent advantage of retaining the accumulated NCB even when you decide to sell your vehicle. To understand this process, the first thing is to gain some clarity on the very concept of NCB. Some of the points to know regarding this are:
- a) No Claim Bonus is not given to the two-wheeler but to the policyholder.
- b) In case you own more than one two-wheeler, a separate NCB is applicable to each.
- c) Although you can transfer the accrued NCB to another vehicle you own, it is limited to single transfer and cannot be extended to more than one vehicle.
The steps to retain NCB when you sell your vehicle
Considering the fact that NCB is given to the policyholder, the customer enjoys the benefit of transferring the accrued NCB when they decide to purchase a new vehicle by transferring the same to the new two wheeler insurance policy.
In case you decide to sell your two-wheeler, you need to raise an application to the insurance service provider asking them to make necessary amendments to the policy for transferring the same to the new owner. The process for doing this is as below:
- a) You need to file an application with the insurance service provider to transfer any accrued NCB to the new policy.
- b) The insurance company provides a certificate (valid for a period of two years) that entitles you to preserve the NCB.
- c) Post the issuance of the certificate, you can make the request of transferring the NCB to the new policy either immediately or at a later stage as well.
- d) One of the important points to note here is that while the NCB cannot be transferred to another person, in some cases, it can be transferred to the spouse at the sole discretion of the service provider.
ICICI Lombard offers excellent solutions in the two-wheeler insurance segment to protect the policyholders from financial distress in times of need. With some of the best features and benefits, the comprehensive range of plans are designed to fulfil your varied needs.
Coverfox.com makes the task of choosing the best two-wheeler ICICI Lombard policy much more simple and convenient. You can access various policy options here and compare them against the competition before making the final decision.